Monday, October 17, 2011

Rhinebeck Weekend 2011

Jess and I left around 9:30 on Friday night to drive to her grandma's in Walden, NY. It's a beautiful old home on the hill overlooking Orange Lake. We arrived at 1:30 and I immediately fell into bed.

Saturday morning we were up and out and at the fairgrounds by 11. We shopped and met up with people who we see once or twice a year; played Rhinebeck Bingo (we were both squares but I didn't play my card, she did); ate delicious fair food and soaked up the atmosphere. Saturday night we met up with a big group at a brewpub in Kingston. I say 'met up' but really we took over the place.

Sunday was more of the same. We both added to the Rhinebeck 2011 scarves; me on the knitted one, Jess on the crocheted. We left the fairgrounds around 3:00 and got home at 9.

Purchases were a Golding ring spindle, a Gnomespun spindle, tons of fiber, a sweater worth of bulky-weight in a sort of Loden green, apples, maple cotton candy, fresh pears, and jalapeno cheese bread.

Now, it's back to life. I have to organize and take pictures of my stash, as the knit-from-stash challenge has already begun. I won't buy yarn for myself (aside from gifts) until Homespun Yarn Party in March.

No comments: